The Friends of Cahuenga Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, incorporated in 1985, which is dedicated to supporting the programmatic and volunteer needs of the Cahuenga Branch Library. The Cahuenga Branch has been serving the diverse and dynamic community of East Hollywood since December 4, 1916. It is one of 72 branch facilities of the Los Angeles Public Library system (one of only three remaining branches built in the 1910s by steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie) and has been serving a multigenerational, multicultural and multilingual patronage for 100 years.
The Friends of Cahuenga Library’s Board of Directors is made up of an ethnically- and generationally- diverse group of Cahuenga Branch Library patrons, community leaders and residents from the East Hollywood area. All of them serve on the Board as volunteers, and the organization has no paid staff.
Board of Directors
Elson Trinidad, President
Christine Ramsey, Treasurer
Erich Bollman, Secretary